Monday, October 15, 2007

Blogspot Line Spacing Gotcha: blockquote, div and line-height

For Blogger users: If you use the quote marks in the GUI, or manually create a blockquote or div HTML element, your line spacing settings will be discarded and the result will be an unreadable mess. The solution is inline CSS. The specific code may vary, depending on your template, but if I open a new div or use blockquote, I then have to wrap all the remaining HTML in another new div and give it inline line-height like this:

<div style="line-height: 1.7em;">

(I am, of course, eventually migrating from Blogger, but I never seem to find the time.)

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed this problem myself after posting something with a large block quote.

    Another way to fix this is to edit the Blogger template. You can put

    .post * { line-height: 1.6em; }

    in the CSS section, and it should fix everything.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.