Monday, October 22, 2007

Unfinished Novel: How I Died

I wrote most of a novel in 2001 and 2002. I'd say I got about two-thirds of the way there, although I'm including the work of outlining and figuring out the story. In its current formatting the actual text runs only 76 pages.

The name of the novel is "How I Died." It's based heavily on the history of Ecstasy and the rave scene of the early 1990s, and set in a world with elves, minotaurs, and dragons, where pirates will steal your monkey, all dwarves are born impervious to hangovers, and vampires stalk the city at night. Although it's unfinished, it's only the actual text that's unfinished; the story itself is finished, so I added a short overview of the missing chapters at the end so that anybody who wants to read it will in fact get a complete story out of it.

This sat forgotten a long time. I realized recently that a lot of people read my writing these days. They come for useful programming stuff, not fiction, but I thought what the hell. I decided to put it out in PDF format, with a Creative Commons license. It's hosted on Amazon S3.

Download it here in PDF format (328KB).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.