Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why I Love The 37 Signals Idea That Developers Should Do Customer Service





Update:



There was a time when a major part of my working life was convincing other people that one day the Web would be a place where people did business. Priceline and Amazon made this part of my job amazingly easier at one time, and for years I've been grateful to them. As of today, that gratitude officially ends with Amazon. I'm going to favor Borders over Amazon every time I can. (Priceline already made me an enemy for life a few weeks ago.)

Update 2:



Update 3:



Update 4:



Thank God.

The gigantic corporate behemoths are the part of the tech industry I don't like. It's really got nothing to do with tech per se, though. There's no economic disincentive to polluting my inbox, so, tragedy of the commons, everybody's inbox gets polluted. QED, etc.

Update:

It's impossible to log into my Amazon account now. The "forgot password" page requires you confirm with your credit card number; it doesn't recognize my credit card number. It seems to have actually transferred my account to this other guy when he told them my e-mail was his.

I bet that's an interesting way to find things out about strangers.