Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What The Fuck Is Wrong With Apple?

Honestly.

Not only do you have to go through a bunch of extra steps to get Edit In TextMate... working again under Leopard, but the entire mechanism this uses is now deprecated and they're taking it out of future versions of OS X:

The automatic loading of bundles located in InputManagers folders is now officially unsupported […] This functionality is likely to be disabled in a future release.

I've always been a Mac guy, but I was once on a Windows box for several years, and it was actually kind of a relief. With Windows, you just resent Bill Gates every single day. It's a long slow burn. It's never a big deal. With Apple, you love Steve Jobs one day and hate him the next, and it's always a big deal. A Windows upgrade will brick your box for days, but at least it isn't an emotional rollercoaster. I can't even imagine life without Edit In TextMate. It's like having my balls cut off. I love Steve, I hate Steve, I want to marry him, I want to kill him. It's a pretty emotional relationship considering I've never met the guy.

Anyway, the TextMate fix on that blog post isn't yet working for me. I like the new Terminal but I may just revert to Tiger.