Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Looks Or The Lifestyle?

A Pop Will Eat Itself album - not their best.



When I was younger, I had a steady corporate job, and I wore raver orange all the time. I sat at a cubicle for eight hours a day wearing baggy jeans and looking different. Sitting in a cubicle for eight hours a day means something special when you do it wearing baggy jeans.

These days, I move around a lot, I study acting, I take time off working to draw, and I dress so normal people could think I was a cop.



It's a false dichotomy. (As much as I loved them, pretty much all the questions PWEI ever asked revolved around false dichotomies.) But I've fallen into it, and chosen the lifestyle, not the looks. In the past I was also trapped in the same false dichotomy, but back then I went with the looks, not the lifestyle.

If you're facing the same false dichotomy, trust me when I say the only good answer is: both.