Monday, April 28, 2008

Video Of My GoRuCo Presentation On Archaeopteryx

Check me out rocking the mad scientist hairstyle at GoRuCo, showing the world just how bald one man can get.



I got good feedback on this presentation, and definitely enjoyed making my point. One person on the great big interwebs tweeted that my MountainWest RubyConf presentation was the best they'd ever seen in their lives. Another person who was at both GoRuCo and MountainWest said this one was better. I don't know about any of that, but in this presentation, I live-coded drum and bass in Ruby with Reason using Archaeopteryx, demonstrated weird lambda techniques, showed how Steve Jobs stole a great idea from Andy Warhol, and ranted about muppetfuckers.

I posted a short live-coding video late last night:



Now you can see the whole presentation that goes with it at as well. Fair warning, though - it's a full hour of streaming video (via Confreaks).