Monday, October 6, 2008

Scotland On Rails: Call For Proposals

By the end of 2008 I'll have spoken at ten conferences, as well as user groups in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, and Santa Barbara. So far, I'm only scheduled to speak at one conference in 2009: Scotland On Rails. I may speak at others, but I think I'm taking a break next year.



The hotel where most speakers stayed

Scotland On Rails had a great vibe, very much like Canada On Rails, which I went to in 2006 - independent, entrepreneurial, not a lot of big companies. The speakers were fantastic, Edinburgh is gorgeous, and for those of you who like to drink and argue at conferences, drinking is so much better in the country that invented scotch. (And arguing is better with Perl veteran, champion heckler, and professional beard-tamer Piers Cawley around.)



From the site:

Last year over 100 attendees and speakers from around the UK, Europe and US came together in Edinburgh for what keynote speaker and Rails core member Michael Koziarski recently described on stage in Berlin as "the best small conference" he had ever attended.

The call for proposals is open. Submit a talk. It's going to be fun.