Tuesday, December 22, 2009

For Disqus, not a real blog post

Sorry real readers, it's just an easy place to put it.

You e-mail me when I post a comment through your system. I complained about this and you bothered me on Twitter about it. I don't appreciate that - that's two interruptions. But I responded and told you what was up - and you did nothing.

For weeks, even months, I avoided commenting on blog posts that used Disqus. But eventually, I made the mistake of commenting on one. I got the stupid e-mail again, so I set up a filter in Gmail to automatically trash anything from your domain. I tweeted about it, deliberately not using @disqus so I wouldn't get yet another interruption from you.

But I got that interruption anyway, so when you asked me what was up, I said "same thing as last time," and you said nothing.

So I marked you as a spammer on Twitter and you're blocked from contacting me.

Nothing personal but I value my time and I don't want to deal with a web app that fails to.

You offer the option to unsubscribe by doing nothing, but not the option of systemtically unsubscribing by clicking an unsubscribe link. I should be able to systematically unsubscribe from all your spams, and the law may even require that. I am not a lawyer, but I know one thing for sure: I'm not hearing from you any more.