Friday, March 5, 2010

Google PageRank In Five Lines Of Ruby

I'm putting the finishing touches on a new, feature-length video I made. That's right, feature-length - it's as long as an actual movie, although not as long as Avatar or any of the Lord Of The Rings movies (thank Gawd). Among other things, my new video explains my presentation style in the context of the neuroscience which informs and inspires it, and explains my approach to blogging in the context of an analysis of Google's PageRank algorithm.

I'm making this video available very soon. I'm also going to launch an interesting new business where you can get videos from me on a regular basis. Think of it like PeepCode on acid, or Giles TV.

Here's an excerpt where I explain PageRank and translate it from the abstract mathematics of the original Google white paper into five lines of Ruby.