Monday, April 12, 2010

New Video Launching 4pm Monday

It's technically already Monday - it stopped being late night Sunday and turned into early morning Monday an hour and forty-five minutes ago. But the new video won't launch until Monday afternoon. I'm going to make it available for a few days at half price, then take it off the market so I can focus on building a video download site - my current system is very hacky - and then bring it back on the market at full price. I'm not sure when that will be. So, when it goes on sale, that's the opening of a brief window.

The new video explains how I pay the rent without having a job. You get details, including my sales numbers for my last video; background on the information marketers I trust and/or respect; business models; and where to learn more. However, the focus is not on details but principles.

I am not an ebook gazillionaire. I am a tech industry refugee who wandered into the land of the ebook gazillionaires, learned the essential principles of how they do business, and used those principles to escape working for anybody else. I thought it would take a year, but I did it in a month.

FTC required disclaimer: typical results are unknown, but I am absolutely not telling you that if you buy this video, you'll be running your own business and working from home a month from now. All I'm saying is, that's pretty much what happened to me - I suppose you could say it was two months, depending how you define your terms - and although I absolutely can't guarantee any kind of result for you, I can tell you how I did it and what I learned. Sorry FTC but I'm really tired. The real post, when I actually release the video, will have a better disclaimer.

I did all this by studying successful information marketers to understand them and generalize principles from what they do. I read at least 10 books and watched at least 15 hours of video. I don't want to calculate how many mp3s I listened to, but it's got to be at least another 10 or 20 hours' worth. This hour and a half video condenses all that research into six key principles, and presents those principles, along with plenty of context, so you can see how to apply them in your own business or businesses. It also includes detail about five business experiments, some of which ended up paying for my bills and my iPad. You'll find out what succeeded, what failed, and why.

I've been working hard to get this thing ready, so I'm a bit too tired to go into my usual salesy spiel, but this is a good video, and it's only going to be available for a limited time before the price doubles. It's probably obvious what I think the smart move is going to be.