Friday, July 16, 2010

Two Profound Transformations In 2009

A lot of people know that in 2009, after having heart surgery, I became a vegan, lost 75+ pounds, and saw massive improvements in my cholesterol and blood pressure, and that I've continued eating only healthy food since then.

What a lot of people don't realize is that was only one of two transformations I experienced last year.

The other: I became organized. I know plenty of people who would be astonished to see me selling a video on time management, but those same people would be astonished to see me, period, because I don't look like I used to. A month or two ago I hit my low of 173 pounds, where last year I had weighed 255; that's less than I weighed in high school. I've lost the weight of a pre-teen child, or a very petite woman, or a Backstreet Boy.

Anyway, this is what makes my time management video awesome. Most such materials show organized people how to be more organized. But in 2009, I was disorganized, and I had been all my life. My home was a mess, with papers piled everywhere. My life was filled with incomplete projects and half-finished ideas. I'm not perfect, but the difference is night and day. I do my laundry every week now, for instance; in 2009 I didn't do my laundry every month. I was more likely to buy new clothes than I was to do my laundry.

Most people who think of themselves as disorganized imagine that they're doomed to be that way their whole lives. I thought so; I thought I was doomed to be fat my whole life, too. I thought it was in my genes. To my knowledge, this is the only time management system extracted from the real-life experience of a person who went from completely disorganized to highly organized in the space of a year.

Here are the free videos:

Secrets Of Superstar Programmer Productivity: Flow

Secrets Of Superstar Programmer Productivity: Metrics

Secrets Of Superstar Programmer Productivity: Habit

And you really owe it to yourself to buy my new video Time Management For Alpha Geeks. It's $97.



How much would you pay to make all your time more valuable? How much more money could you make? How much more would you accomplish? How much less busywork would you waste your time on, if you could raise your productivity?