Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hypnosis Induction

I first began using hypnosis and self-hypnosis when I was around 16. In around 2002 or 2003, I became a certified hypnotherapist at the ACHE school in Santa Fe, New Mexico. ACHE stands for the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners; they maintain higher standards than most certification bodies for hypnosis. Most hypnosis certifications come at the conclusion of a weekend course. I know I did at least 300 hours of training (which works out to 7 or 8 40-hour weeks), at an absolute minimum. I believe it was a little more than that.



I never really planned to go into business as a hypnotherapist; I played with the idea, but didn't have a very clear idea of marketing at the time. I've been spending a lot of my time over the past year on marketing, however, and I'm currently in a terrific actor marketing coaching program, where I'm learning a lot of stuff which I could apply to a hypnosis business as well. So, we'll see. Only time will tell.

Either way, because I blog about hypnosis from time to time, I get questions about it. I happily recommend both HypnosisDownloads.com and Wendi Friesen's site Wendi.com for introductory mp3s and CDs, and I've recently decided to create my own hypnosis induction and sell it here on my blog.

Buy Now

The induction addresses how to accomplish your goals, but its real purpose is to serve as an introduction to hypnosis. To use it, there are only three steps:

1. Put on headphones
2. Listen to the mp3
3. Look at cool pictures afterwards

Strictly speaking, step 3 isn't required, but when a person exits hypnotic trance, they remain suggestible for a few minutes afterwards. For this reason, if you listened to my hypnosis mp3, or anybody's, and then jumped up and started googling skin diseases or watching horror movies, it would be a really bad idea. What I recommend is gathering a bunch of pictures before you go into trance to look at immediately afterwards.

If you have clear goals you want to achieve, it makes sense for the pictures to represent those goals, and I may blog more about that later. A simpler solution is just to google "puppies" on Google Images.



Whichever you choose, it doesn't really matter, just as long as you make sure to feed positive imagery into your head immediately after the hypnosis mp3 ends. For instance, don't read your e-mail immediately after hypnosis; you never want to combine heightened suggestibility with spam or recruiter e-mails, for instance.

This product is a terrific introduction to hypnosis for the newbie, and a terrific deal at only $23. I'm about to go to the grocery store, and I may raise the price when I get home.

Buy Now