Friday, April 29, 2011

hitRECord.org: Collaborative Crowd-Sourced Film Production

I have two clients right now. Both are interesting. I don't think I can blog about the other one yet, but hitRECord.org is really pretty fucking awesome. Founded by the actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, it's a collaborative production company which has crowd-sourced independent short films and taken them to festivals like South by Southwest and Sundance.

When I first took a look at the site, I didn't really get what it was about; a live event at the Vista Theater in Silverlake opened my eyes.







You can check out the story of hitRECord (and hear a Hollywood actor paraphrasing the copyleft leader Lawrence Lessig) in this video shot at Stanford earlier this week:



I'll be revamping the site considerably, and stay tuned, as I may set up an API soon.