Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Deliberate Practice: Acting, Programming, Business, Hypnosis, And Music?

I was hoping to do a big blog post about this, but I don't currently have time.

So:
  • My "miniapp per month" experiment in 2009 was a programming deliberate practice experiment.
  • My "mini-business per month" experiment in 2010 was a tech entrepreneurship deliberate practice experiment.
  • I'm constructing a deliberate practice system for my acting skills.
  • I might do the same for programming and music, but I'm concerned about diluting my focus. Hypnosis, however, is very likely.
  • You can construct a deliberate practice system around anything.
  • I highly recommend constructing deliberate practice systems around the meta actions of improving your life (e.g., visualization, schedule experiments, setting goals).