Monday, December 28, 2015

Soon To Celebrate My Tenth Year Of Not Being An Apple Developer

Been thinking about making this for a while. Finally sat down and drew it.
Some years, I went through this cycle several times. Maybe even monthly, when the iPad was brand new.

The things that give me pause are hopefully pretty obvious:
The things that make my eyes glow while little hearts and stars flutter around me are probably all equally obvious too. With Swift becoming open source, it's not inconceivable that the cycle might end. But it's been a stable pattern for almost a decade now. In fact, Swift becoming open source seems more like the kind of thing which would extend the cycle's lifespan than the kind of thing which would bring it to a happy conclusion. I'm pretty sure I've got another ten years of this ahead of me.